Thursday, August 3, 2017

Watermelon Cruise Fruit Art

#WatermelonDay click to enlarge
Today we Celebrate 
Watermelons


With a name like watermelon, one would expect it to be juicy, scrumptious and amazing. It is just that and one of my favorite fruits, especially on a cruise.

Last night we Co-Hosted the Twitter chat #FoodTravelChat, where we were talking Cruise Food & Travel. I had such a great time hearing about everyone's adventures.

A couple cruise lines, Celebrity Cruises & MSC Cruises dropped in to join in on the fun.  Thank you for joining us with images and information about your cruise ships, food options and more.

Cruise + Fruit + Creativity = #CruiseFruitArt

I wasn't quite ready for the fun to end, so on this #Watermelon Day 2017 I decided to browse through my cruise archives looking for watermelons which were carved and put on display for passengers' delight. Here are a sampling from our trips.

Several years ago, I started the hashtag #CruiseFruitArt on Twitter and wrote a Blog post challenging people to post pictures from their cruises and vote on their favorite cruise line. I'd love to see some new additions, so go through your archives and post some on Twitter or Pinterest using the hashtag #CruiseFruitArt. We'll retweet them.

Several people mentioned that they had a good time on the chat and learned a lot about cruising. That was exactly what I had in mind when suggesting the topic to hosts of #FoodTravelChat. I'm so happy they selected the topic and asked me to Co-Host. 

If you missed the chat, just put in #FoodTravelChat in Twitter search and browse through the tweets. Also mark your calendars for Wednesday Evenings at 8 PM ET. We'd love to have you join in the conversation about Food & Travel.

Favorite Watermelon Carving

Of all the watermelon carvings I've captured in the 30 plus years of cruising, this Indian chief head from the buffet on Celebrity Millennium is my all time favorite.

Do you have favorites from your cruises?

Check out our previous Blog Post:






Sign-up for Exclusive Email Offers


Where have you explored? 

Gather your travel and food pics and join us Wednesday night for the latest installment of #FoodTravelChat 

No comments: